Our website espa.com uses a technology called 'cookies' in order to obtain information about website usage, improve the overall user experience and ensure its proper functioning.
Definition of Cookie
A 'cookie' is a small piece of text that websites send to the browser and that is stored on the user's terminal (computer or mobile device). The purpose of these files is to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for their installation. Thus, each time the user revisits the same website, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website server. Cookies have several functions, including collecting information about the user's preferences and remembering it, and in general, facilitating the use of the website for the user by making the site more useful through the customization of its content.
Cookies can be classified according to different parameters:
- Provenance: first-party cookies and third-party cookies: these are related to the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and how the data obtained is processed.
- Duration: session cookies and persistent cookies: these are related to the length of time they remain stored on the user's terminal.
- Purpose: technical cookies, preferences cookies, statistics cookies, marketing cookies, targeting cookies: these are related to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed.
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to navigate through the website or application and use the different options or services that exist in it. For example, controlling the transit and communication of data, identifying the session or accessing restricted-access sections of the website.
- Preferences cookies: these allow users to access the service by means of some general characteristics predefined in their terminal or which users themselves define. For example, the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the design of the selected content.
- Statistics cookies: these are either processed by us or by third parties, and allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out a statistical analysis of user usage of the services on offer. It is for this reason that we analyze browsing on our website, as it allows us to improve the range of products or services we offer.
- Marketing cookies: these allow for the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service on the basis of criteria such as the published content or the frequency with which the advertisements are shown.
- Targeting cookies: these allow for the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on user behavior that is obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thereby allowing for the creation of a specific profile to display advertising based on the user's browsing habits.
Cookies used on our website
Our website uses both first-party cookies, which are those sent to your device and managed exclusively by us so that we can improve the functionality of the website, and third-party cookies, which serve as a means of analyzing the interaction of users with our website, since these provide us with information that can help us to improve browsing and offer a better service to users.
Our website uses both temporary session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies only store data while the user is using the website whereas persistent cookies store data in the terminal so that it can be accessed and used over the course of more than one session.
Specifically, the cookies used on our website are:
The first-party cookies we use on our website are of a technical nature and are essential for it to function properly.
__utmz, __ utmc, __utma, __utmb,__utmt, __ga, __gat
Google Inc. (Google Analytics)
Analytics: They analyze website usage.
Session and persistent
To obtain more information about cookies and/or to deactivate them, you can click on the links under the name of the different owners.
Finally, plug-in cookies are also used to exchange social media content.
Withdrawal of consent
Modifying cookie settings
The user can restrict, block or delete cookies from any website by means of their browser. Each browser works differently. You can consult the following links to find out how to modify cookie settings in each browser.
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=ca
- Safari (mac): https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Safari (iPhone/iPad): https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
For more information on deleting, disabling or blocking cookies you can also visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
Last update: 21/12/2021.